Chia Seeds The Top Superfood?
Wednesday, September 4th, 2019 | 1124 Views
Google searches for chia seeds have jumped 859 percent since 2009, according to UK-based food and technology supplier Sous Vide Tools which examined changing global consumer tastes using Google Trends data.
Consumers are becoming increasingly health-conscious. Interest in superfoods like chia seeds, turmeric and kale have also grown tremendously. Chia seeds are exceptionally popular as it offers great nutritional value. They are gluten-free, high in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber and are often added in muesli, breakfast cereals, bread mixes and fruit juice. Moreover, the demand for functional foods like nutritional grains and multi-cereal-based products are growing.
According to Mintel’s Global New Products Database, the number of food and beverage products launched containing chia seeds have grown 70 percent between 2014 and 2015. With more studies backing up its nutritional value and health benefits, the hype does not seem to be dwindling. The market for chia seeds and innovative products with chia seeds will continue to hold great growth potential.
● Singapore Households Waste US$148 Million Worth Of Food Annually
● Consumers Want More Protein, Boosting Market To Reach US$46.8 Billion
● Asia: Major Driver Of Protein Consumption
● Seaweed—The Superfood On The Rise
● Singapore Aimed To Be Asia’s Leading Food And Nutrition Hub
● UK Packaged Food And Beverages Are The Healthiest
● Azelis Expands Distribution Agreement With Roquette Into Asia Pacific
● Hydrosol Sets Up Competence Centre For Plant-Based Products
● DuPont Launches All-Round Ingredient Solutions For Plant-Based Innovation
● Roquette Appoints New VP Of Its Pea And New Proteins Business Line