Dole Asia Joins Worldwide Efforts To Ensure Access To Nutritious Foods During Covid-19
Thursday, April 30th, 2020 | 1027 Views
In an effort to provide much-needed assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic, Dole Packaged Foods Worldwide has launched a global initiative to supply nutritious foods to those in need. Dole is inviting other organisations and companies, large and small throughout the world, to join them to help cast a little sunshine in dark times and to ensure the health of those in need globally.
Dole is focusing its efforts in Asia to support healthcare workers, front liners at retail partners, vulnerable communities, as well as employees in each country with a series of donations and partnerships in Asia. The company has committed its resources, facilities, and social impact efforts under its Sunshine for All promise to close the gap between people and access to healthy food with immediate effect.
1. Delivering sunshine to more than 40,000 frontline healthcare workers in partnership with several hospitals and health institutes across Asia. Dole is delivering more than 150,000 nutrient-packed fruit cups, juices or care packages to frontline healthcare workers across the region as a gesture of gratitude, hope and encouragement to frontline workers.
2. Supporting the vulnerable communities by touching more than 300,000 lives across the region, including:
- The Philippines – Dole has partnered with five non-profit organisations to distribute fresh and dried fruits to 7,000 healthcare workers in the 17 biggest hospitals in Metro Manila.
- Singapore – Teaming up with The Food Bank Singapore, Food from the Heart and other non-profit organisations by providing cartons of fruit bowls and canned fruits to support Singaporeans with wholesome nutrition. Dole’s products will go to over 500 beneficiary centres and distribution points, touching almost 300,000 people island-wide.
- Thailand – Providing nutritious Dole fruit cups with a message of encouragement to 2,400 seniors in Thailand via a donation to the Ban Bang Khae Social Welfare Development Centre for Older Persons.
3. Dole is distributing care and protection packs to over 10,000 employees and distribution/logistics partners in Asia as a commitment to our employees and frontline distributors, merchandising, and logistics heroes in the region: i. Malaysia, Singapore, Korea and Japan – over 1,000 appreciation packs for distribution frontline staff and employees.
4. Dole is delivering care packs of Dole’s products to almost 10,000 persons in the spirit of supporting front liners at our retail partners. Those working hard include e-commerce delivery people, as well as persons
manning customer check-out counters at supermarkets and convenience stores across Asia.
“Dole is committed to finding ways to help close the access gap to healthy food in trying times, but we recognise we
can’t do this alone. Now is the time for companies across all industries, sectors and countries to come together to
make the biggest impact for good,” stated Pier Luigi Sigismondi, President, Dole Packaged Foods.
Check these articles out: