FrieslandCampina Kievit Sets Sight On Creamier And Foaming Creamer Market In Philippines
Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018 | 688 Views
FrieslandCampina Kievit, global manufacturers of beverage and food ingredients, has opened a brand-new Innovation Kitchen in Manila, Philippines. The opening is accompanied by a wide-ranging consumer study delivering insights in trends, preferences and promising coffee, tea and chocolate concepts.
The launch of the Philippines study and innovation kitchen enables beverage manufacturers in the region to grow their business and innovate together with Kievit.
The accompanying market study showed several key findings:
- The instant coffee market in the Philippines is massive: a whopping 80 percent of coffee drinkers consume 3-in-1 coffee on a daily basis.
- Cold soluble concepts like iced coffee and milk tea got high scores from the consumer led tasting panel, with iced coffee scoring 8.2 out of 9 and iced milk tea even scoring 8.4. This is the highest score ever achieved in a Kievit consumer test.
- Instant beverages that contain dairy are highly liked (75 percent of respondents).
- Foamy concepts (both coffee and chocolate) are well-received because of their appearance and taste. 61 percent of respondents say that they would buy these products.
If leveraged properly, the research and these findings could translate to growth opportunities for manufacturers of instant coffee, chocolate and milk tea. The Innovation Kitchen and its enthusiastic new team will enable manufacturers to build on these insights and translate them to new opportunities. FrieslandCampina Kievit has a long history of working closely together with leading food and beverage manufacturers to create ingredients solutions that enrich consumers’ everyday products.
The new Kievit Innovation Kitchen is located at the same production facility in Manila where FrieslandCampina is producing their beverage creamers, which conveniently also houses the company’s sensory lab and other research and development facilities. In this inspiring space, Kievit’s R&D and technical support join forces with Kievit’s customers to develop fresh ideas together. These can range from marketing strategy and better taste and sensory experiences, to whole new products and innovations.
● Cargill Opens Food Innovation Center In Singapore
● Global Pectin Market To Be Worth $1.5 Billion By 2025
● Hiperbaric Receives 2019 European Technology Award For High Pressure Technology Innovation
● Coca-Cola Completes Acquisition Of Costa Coffee From Whitbread
● Meat Alternatives, Sustainability And E-Commerce Could Drive Food M&A In 2020
● Givaudan: ‘Creating For Happier, Healthier Lives With Love For Nature. Let’s Imagine Together.’
● Cooling Tower Optimisation
● The Coca-Cola Company Raises Revenue With Less Sugary Beverages
● Time For Tea
● Natural, Clean-Label Solutions For Beverages