Inaugural Singapore International Agri-Food Week 2021
Monday, October 11th, 2021 | 48 Views
Industry leaders to explore strategies for sustainable systems and production to build a vibrant agri-food hub in Asia
The inaugural Singapore International Agri-Food Week (SIAW) will take place from 15 to 18 November 2021.
The event which aims to catalyse sustainable food production in Asia, will be held in partnership with Economic Development Board, Enterprise Singapore, Singapore Food Agency, Singapore Tourism Board, and event organisers, Rethink Events and Constellar.
Guest of Honour, Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for Economic Policies Heng Swee Keat will attend the launch event of Singapore International Agri-Food Week (SIAW). The Week brings together the world’s leading food producers, agribusinesses, entrepreneurs, investors, research institutions and policymakers.
Notable speakers from international organisations, such as BASF, Cargill, Nestle, Tyson Foods, Unilever, The World Health Organisation, and the Tony Blair Institute, will be involved to share insights on scaling agri-food developments across Asia. Speeches and forums during the four-day hybrid event will be livestreamed globally.
As the world looks beyond the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be a renewed focus on innovative solutions to bolster food security and strengthen supply chains, so that economies can rebuild and emerge stronger. SIAW aims to provide the opportunity and platform for global participants to share ideas, collaborate, showcase latest technologies and hear from industry leaders and entrepreneurs around these important goals.
Singapore International Agri-Food Week (SIAW) 2021 includes three key events to be held over four days:
Day 1: November 15, 2021
– SIAW Launch Event – The inaugural SIAW launch event will be graced by DPM Heng Swee Keat. It will include an opening address by DPM Heng, along with the signing of the SIA
-The Roundtable on Novel Food Regulations will kick off the four-day event and it will provide a platform for regulators, local and international industry players, and members of international organisations to come together to share best practices and experiences on technical issues surrounding the regulation of novel foods.
– Now in its second edition, the forum will take on a hybrid format. Participants will be invited to discuss the challenges in safety assessments of novel foods and explore opportunities to advance the regulatory agenda in a manner that encourages food innovations.
Days 2 – 4: November 16 – 18, 2021
– Hosted by Rethink Events, the three-day hybrid summit will combine both in-person elements and a full virtual experience tailored to an international audience.
– Discussions will focus on empowering smallholder farmers, building resilient supply chains, scaling alternative protein production, enhancing nutrition, and optimising controlled environment agriculture and aquaculture.
To signify our continuous commitment to build a vibrant agri-food ecosystem in Asia, the Singapore International Agri-Food Week will include the launch of Agri-Food Tech Expo Asia in 2022.
– Agri-Food Tech Expo Asia – Organised by Constellar, the Expo provides a focused exhibition platform with a “living lab” environment, thematic experiential zones, sandbox and community-based learning for emerging and established industry players in the agri-food industry to launch, showcase and testbed their solutions. The inaugural edition of the Expo will focus on key themes such as Aquaculture & Urban Protein Production, Food Safety & Security, Food Waste Management, and Smart Farming
For more information on these key events, please visit www.sginternationalagrifoodweek.com.sg.
You might be interested:
Global Food Prices Hike Could Drive Consumers’ Preference For Discount Retailers
Meatable Enters Into A Joint Development Agreement with Royal DSM
Circular Packaging Design Recycling Guide
Royal DSM Announces Commitment to UN Food Summit 2021 Goals
Plastic Pollution: Are Food Companies ‘Behind The Curve’?
To not miss our exclusive articles, follow us on our social media platforms @APFI
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!