Lycored Boosts Digital Resources To Spread The Word About Lycopene
Thursday, February 20th, 2020 | 319 Views
Lycored has launched two new digital initiatives to raise awareness of its hero ingredient, lycopene.
The global wellness leader has overhauled the ‘Lycopedia’ – its interactive hub which brings to life the benefits of lycopene at different stages of life.
New features on the Lycopedia include:
- a page demonstrating the role of lycopene in skin health
- a synergy-focused module explaining how lycopene works in partnership with phytonutrients like lutein and beta-carotene
- new information about the synergy between lycopene and tocopherol and their role in supporting prostate health
- a section showcasing recent research on the benefits of tomato phytonutrients for healthy cholesterol levels
- details of how lycopene can support bone health in post-menopausal women
Lycored has also launched a consumer-friendly one-stop shop at lycopene.com. Full of educational resources, including recipes and facts about the benefits of lycopene, the site features a team of cartoon superheroes called the ‘Just Health League’.
Golan Raz, Head of Lycored’s Global Health Division, said: “For Lycored, lycopene is more than a phytonutrient – it’s our partner. As we discover more about its many benefits, we want to share our findings with consumers, and these digital resources help us do that in eye-catching new ways. We hope they will increase awareness – in the nutrition industry as well as among consumers – about the valuable role of lycopene.”
Meanwhile, a new Lycored White Paper, ‘Beyond health elitism’, reveals the importance of digital tools in the pursuit of wellness. Over a third (37 percent) of consumers surveyed by the company said they used websites and blogs to support their wellness lifestyles – higher than the number who reached out to friends and family (35 percent). Apps or devices for wellness, used by 32 percent of consumers, were also popular.
“Wellness is usually a gradual journey rather than a sudden transformation, and companies like ours have a responsibility to help consumers make small healthy steps. Providing digital wellness tools is an increasingly important way of supporting them,” said Zev Ziegler, Head of Global Brand and Marketing, Health, at Lycored.