Modular And Compact Plant Concept For Continuous Spray Agglomeration
Friday, September 28th, 2018 | 657 Views
Modular And Compact Plant Concept For Continuous Spray Agglomeration As more and more people adopt better-for-you diets, the demand for enriched and sugar-free foods, on-the-go drinks and dietary supplements is rising. But protein shake consumers will only become repeat purchasers if the powder dissolves quickly and without lumps; similarly, eaters of vegan ice cream won’t appreciate the presence of ice crystals in their tasty treat.
Spray agglomeration during fluid bed processing ensures that proteins and sweeteners such as maltitol or cellulose derivatives can be properly wetted, have a more porous surface and are more flowable and easier to dose. Their bulk density is also significantly reduced, which is particularly beneficial for beverage powders in pods and capsules, which require precise dosing, mustn’t segregate and should dissolve completely within seconds. Even table premixes and temperature-sensitive substances can be gently processed in this way.
The new concept of Glatt’s GF ModFlex system is both compact and flexible, is available with a short commissioning time and offers outputs of 200 kg to 3 t per hour. Other capacities and a future expansion can be accommodated. The low operating costs, among other things, ensure economic-effectiveness, as the concept has been optimised in terms of energy consumption. The modular, ATEX-compliant solution with integrated WIP functionality and plate filter was specifically developed for continuous powder agglomeration applications in limited-height rooms. Commissioning after an installation period of only 12 days is possible because the predefined modules are already pre-installed and pre-assembled. They only need to be plugged in on site and production can be started right after the acceptance test.
Read APFI’s eBook here.
Like our content? Subscribe today!
● Nutrition Options For The Immune System
● China: Natural Ice Cream Is Trending
● F&N To Open S$80 Million Smart, Sustainable Facility In Singapore
● Nutraceutical Excipients Manufacturers To Discover Promising Applications
● Coca-Cola Launches New Energy Drink To Tap Vietnamese Market, Says GlobalData
● Kraft Heinz To Cut 400 Jobs in 2019
● Consumers Driving Global Energy Drinks Market
● Improving Food Safety Thorough Digitalisation
● Meat Alternatives, Sustainability And E-Commerce Could Drive Food M&A In 2020
● Seaweed—The Superfood On The Rise